6.01.2010

where do you start?

I’ve been wanting to write a post for this blog for quite some time . . . May 3 or 4 or somewhere around there. By the end of the day I’m usually too tire and have no mental energy to write anything. The days become a week. I really should post again soon. A week becomes two and then three. Ugh! I’m such a failure! I’ve been battling that a lot lately. Satan knows just how to get me . . .

Anyway . . . I keep trying to figure out where to start on the blog again. Reminding myself that this is a place meant to keep memories for my children and if others enjoy reading about us a long the way then . . . . enjoy! So, where do I start since the last time I wrote anything was on May 2? (** posting a picture on the 16th doesn’t really count)

I’ll start with today . . . it was a beautiful Memorial Day. The weather was perfect! Warm with a very slight breeze. The kind of day that you enjoy being outside on the deck because it’s warm, but not too hot (like Saturday).

My sister came over for several hours and we had the opportunity to Skype with my mom who is in Johannesburg, South Africa. This whole Skype thing is quite crazy! It’s been fun to keep in touch with her like this. She is 7 hours ahead of us, so it creates a little work in scheduling the calls, but it’s been enjoyable to see her face when she’s so far away. Over the last couple of weeks when Callie and I are eating breakfast together in the mornings I’ve left my computer on and she will sometimes “buzz” in for a quick hello. I think she enjoys keeping in touch with the grandkids this way. Callie tends to be shy and not want to get on the video portion, but Zachary, well, he’s on the counter in a flash to say “hi” to grammy.

We got this new grill about a month ago. A Traeger. Never heard of it before, but it’s been great! It’s also a smoker and we’ve thoroughly enjoyed trying out different recipes and techniques with different pieces of meat. Today we put some baby back ribs on and let those cook for 4-5 hours. They didn’t turn out too bad! We aren’t big rib people, so we’ll probably stick to some other chunks of meat, but they were tasty.  I really like it because you can’t burn anything on it. You just can’t! I love it when I get busy in the evenings with the kids and forget to go back right away to turn the meat or something. It’s fine. Nothing is burned or overcooked. Love it!!! I also like it because I don’t have to mess with the dirty charcoal and lighter fluid any more. Can’t say enough . . . LOVE IT!

Roger’s brothers and their families came over to help us eat our new recipe of the ribs on the grill. The kids had a fun time just hanging out racing each other around the outside of the house. I wish I had a picture of the races between Roger and Payton and Rod and Daniel. Let’s say the old guys still have it in them! (** not by much though)

We ended the day watching Zachary . . . now what parents in their right mind would let their son run around the neighborhood looking like this????IMG_9483 - 1 IMG_9484 IMG_9490

No comments: