6.02.2010

campers

We’ve recently gone from this . . .

P6080012Okay, so this is a really bad picture, but it’s all I could find. We had this camper for a couple of years and have really enjoyed camping with it, but . . . it’s old and dated and doesn’t any room for a family of 4 and makes me not want to go camping. Once Zachary came along we grew out of it quite quickly. It didn’t make camping any fun. I actually dread it.

But not anymore . . .

IMG_9492  We have a new (to us) camper!!! Roger will tell you that I did a good job finding this one. I scoured the internet for nights on end. Searching eBay, Craigslist, and multiple RV dealers. We needed something that had a slide out (even if it was a small one) and we needed to have bunk beds for the kids. Bingo!!! I found it on Craigslist and it was located in Wisconsin. I was pretty nervous about buying something off of Craigslist. You hear so many horror stories and I didn’t want to be one of them. I was pretty sure that this wasn’t going to be the case because once I called the lady to ask her some questions and she went into all kinds of memories from when their family went camping. I did a little wheeling and dealing and came out with a great deal!! We were even more impressed when Roger brought the camper home and we saw just how great of shape the camper was in. They kept it in excellent condition. The kids (and mom) are excited about the bunk beds! I’m excited about the cupboard space!

We are taking it camping this weekend and the kids (and mom) can’t wait!!

 

1 comment:

Nikolyn said...

very exciting! can't wait for you to post the pictures of your summer camping. I do love your photos!