6.07.2010

camping weekend #1

We took our new camper out for the weekend . . . you know a test run. Loved it! Even if it rained and we all tracked in 4 gallons of mud and rocks. We had so much more room and I didn’t dread the fact that rain was in the forecast. In the past, at the first sign of rain I would have packed it all up and at least went home for the night (35 minute drive).

IMG_9496 Callie said to me on Friday night as I was tucking her in to bed. “Mom, this is the best camping trip ever! My bunk is awesome!” She has her own little space that if needed she can sneak away to. At the end of her bed she has these little pockets and she has filled them with all of her treasures. Coloring books, pencil box with colors, old cell phones, and stuffed animals. It’s her spot and she loves it. IMG_9520 Zachary, well, he thinks his new bed is cool too, but not in the same way Callie does. And after his sleep on Saturday night I’m not sure how cool he thinks it is. Falling out of bed onto the linoleum floor is a little hard on the head and shakes the boy up just a little!IMG_9524 Besides the bits of rain here and there it’s been an enjoyable weekend. Saturday was really relaxing. Didn’t do a whole lot. We all took naps in the middle of the afternoon when it started to rain again. After naps Roger took the kids fishing with his friend Bear. The kids had a blast. I think that Zachary may have worn them out a little, but he did well considering he was confined to a small space! {grin} While they were out fishing I was able to sit and relax and enjoy reading (uninterrupted) my cooking magazines.

IMG_9511

IMG_9516It’s now Sunday morning, the kids, Roger, Rod, and his boys are out fishing for a couple of hours. I thought I’d write this post now, so I could stick some pictures in later tonight and and then post it! The sun is shining. A heavy breeze is blowing. I don’t often get to sit and enjoy it when I’m camping and I’m very thankful for that this morning. I think it’s prayer time . . .

More random pictures from our weekend . . .

Zachary helping to stir the eggs for breakfast.IMG_9498

I wish I could tell you we had this great afternoon at the beach and swam, but that would be a lie. The kids were crazy and went in the freezing cold water up to their waist. About 10 minutes after I took these pictures it started to rain so we bolted back to the camper. IMG_9501

IMG_9502

IMG_9506

No comments: