It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Many things have played into that decision. I was starting to feel fairly guilty about it when I decided that I should just take a short break and play ‘catch up’ later. So later . . . seems to be now.
So, the last time I wrote Roger had just shot his big buck. That was really fun for us! He had waited so long for that one. The rest of November was fairly uneventful for us. In retrospect I should have spent more time in November planning for my December.
I disliked my December. I felt that I was so busy that I couldn’t find Christ in Christmas. I always felt one step behind. Business trip, wedding, birthday parties, Disney on Ice, church Christmas program, Christmas present to be bought, Christmas presents for teachers, Christmas cards, etc., etc. I know that much of it was self inflicted. I’ve already set dates out on my calendar for October and November to start planning and doing things differently in 2010!
I started the month with a business trip to Nashville. I really enjoyed that because I don’t get to travel for work very often. The manager at our office in Nashville took us downtown to see some sites on the night we were there. I am so glad that I had that opportunity even if it was the beginning of my crazy month.
I had the opportunity to take candid photos at a co-worker’s wedding in early December. It was a fun, long day, but I think that Stacy & Steve enjoyed their day!
What a great looking couple!
December 10 was another big day in our house.
Callie Jo (6) Zachary Allen (2)
The kids birthday fell on a Thursday this year. We had the family birthday party planned for Saturday night, but on Thursday Callie still wanted Lynn, Mindy and the boys to come for supper. Callie’s request for supper . . . chicken nuggets, pig meat (roasted pork), and mashed potatoes.
On Friday night, we took Callie to Disney on Ice. I’ve always wanted to do this, but I never know when they are in a town nearby. This year I wasn’t missing it! Nemo! was in Sioux City and I think Callie really enjoyed her birthday present!
Our family birthday party on Saturday night includes Daniel since his birthday is at the end of December.
Daniel (being Daniel!) and Mindy
Cousin Alexa and Callie
Callie & cousin Emma We don’t teach our kids to use utensils! Ha!
Birthday presents (if you look closely at Zachary’s face you will see he had a little allergic reaction to the frosting on the cake . . . we think he might have an allergy to butter . . . weird!)
Callie has decided to take up the profession of a football player!
No comments:
Post a Comment