“hi, ho did you know a hunting we will go.”
So, on January 1, Roger and I traveled out into the frigid woods to hunt again. I know there were many people who thought (and still think) that I was crazy to go. It was so blasted cold! We were lucky if the first day made it into the single digits. I’ve appreciated my dear friends who have let my new found passion be just that . . . my passion. They don’t make fun of me. They ask some questions. Tell me I’m a little crazy because it’s soooo cold. And then they send me off and tell me not to shoot my foot! LOL! That’s exactly what I need from them!
This hobby is still new to me and I’m learning more every time I go, but I get to do this with my husband. We get to do this together. That is the best part for me. I am sure that trying to walk through 3 feet of snow in snow shoes and making sure you don’t freeze in the subzero temperatures is hard enough to do on your own let alone bring your bumbling wife along with you. Roger was patient. Letting his very out of shape wife walk at her own pace in the 3 feet of snow. Checking regularly to make sure that I wasn’t too cold that I wouldn’t be able to walk back out to the truck. (It became very obvious to me on this weekend how someone could freeze to death very quickly out in the woods if they aren’t careful and don’t have any smarts to them.)
Thanks Beek for taking me hunting. So, we didn’t shoot much. That’s okay. Thanks for being patient with me. Thanks for letting me ask lots of questions. Thanks for helping me learn more about this great hobby of yours. Can’t wait to stay at the Dormitory again next fall!!
p.s. I’m pretty sure that I might be switching hunting seasons . . . it was mighty chilly this year.
1 comment:
keep me posted on when you go out hunting so I can continue to pray for your feet and your aim...:) so proud of you, friend.
Post a Comment