One of the reasons we chose Leech Lake was for the fishing. Rumor has it there is good fishing at this lake. Almost all of the Van Beek family fishes, except Mindy and me. We are really content just hanging out on the beach watching the kids play while the guys and older kids go fishing.
We had a lot of fun watching the kids do some fishing in the little harbor by our cabins, but the guys hardly caught a thing out on the big lake. You’ll see from the pictures below though that many hours were spent fishing.
** I might have gone a little overboard with the pictures. Hope I don’t bore you!
Callie amazed me on vacation! She was splitting the worms with her fingers and baited her own hook the entire week. I was shocked that she did that every single time. It was no big deal for her. She even played with the leeches that they found. ** I couldn’t handle that one!
While on vacation we bought Callie a new fishing pole. We had a long discussion with her about taking care of her fishing equipment. Of course, she found a pink one!
1 comment:
Great pictures Lori! You have such a wonderful family and that little girl amazes me! Kevon wouldn't even bait his hook with a worm at 10! Tara had to do it! lol!
Post a Comment