10.02.2009

still here!

In case anyone was wondering or cared . . . we are still here! Haven’t blogged much lately. Earlier this summer I made a commitment to myself to not open my computer until after the kids went to bed at night. Well, by that time I really had no mental energy to pull the computer out and write something. I also spent many evenings outside after the kids went to bed visiting with my neighbors.

You may be asking what you have missed. Well, you have missed a post about our August vacation with Roger’s 2 brothers and their families (Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells),

IMG_6805IMG_2956 IMG_6882 IMG_6967 IMG_7076 

our second hog roast of the summer,

so, this was early in the morning and the guys had been up for several hours and as you can see had the hog roasting with a nice bronze look to it.

IMG_7138

Callie didn’t want to be left out of our picture taking and discussion about the hog, so she made sure that her brother was taken care of and wrapped him up in blankets and put him in his stroller to roll him across the wet grass to pay us a visit. She takes such good care of him!

IMG_7145

About an hour after we took the picture above a friend walked into our house and said, “Are there supposed to be flames coming from the hog pit?” Roger didn’t believe him! But as you can see below the hog got a little toastier than we really wanted. Thankfully we caught it in time and it was only the hide that was burned. The meat inside was still quite tasty!  IMG_7152

and our “girl’s day out” getting pedicures before school started.

I wanted to do something special with Callie before school started this year and I think that we have found a new tradition. She still talks about her pedicure!

IMG_7108  IMG_7117 IMG_7116-1

Many evenings in the summer we would ride the 4 wheeler down the gravel road west of our house and just enjoy the peace and quiet that our area can bring. Below is a small attempt to show you what we would see each night.

IMG_7095

Miles of cornfields.

IMG_7096

Miles of train tracks.

IMG_7100 - 1

3 comments:

JulieM said...

Makes me want to take a trip to the water park! Looks like you guys had a blast. Not so sure it makes me want to roast a pig though :)! I can't believe it is October already! We should try get some fall pics of the kids sometime.

Unknown said...

Love the post Lori! Emma and I might have to steal your pedicure tradition! I think she'd love it as well. What a good mom! Love your 4 wheeler shots as well! You've got talent!

team gesink said...

Ok I wasn't going to see the pig getting roasted, but I just saw it on your pictures!! Augh! Miss seeing yah, summer went way to fast! Take care!
Kristi