6.15.2009

Saturday surprise!

We have this tree in our front landscaping. It’s beautiful in the spring when it blooms!

Last week I noticed some odd pieces of grass in the tree. As I tried to remove them I realized they were attached to a nest. I got all excited because I knew that Callie would love to see this. The nest was empty which was probably better for everyone involved! Then Callie wouldn’t be wanting to look every two hours at the eggs.

I showed her the nest and she thought it was pretty cool. She watched the robin fly away each time we walked out on the driveway.  She was quite certain that one of these days there might be eggs.

IMG_6277

Here is what we found on Saturday afternoon! On Sunday afternoon there were three!

IMG_6265 Now wouldn’t it be funny for me to post a picture of how I was able to get a picture of the eggs in the nest . . . well, probably because it must have been a funny sight to any of the neighbors who drove by! BUT, you won’t be seeing one anytime soon!

I took a wooden stool (bar stool) from the garage and balanced it very carefully in the rocks next to the tree. I then climbed on top of the wobbly stool and took pictures. Well, I had my telephoto lens on and I was too close, so I proceeded to climb down, switch my lens, and then climb precariously back up. All to get a picture for this silly blog – oh the things I do! {grin}

While perched precariously up there I notice some activity next to me. Callie is moving rocks in order to place her own stool in the rocks next to mine for a better look at the eggs. I put a kabosh to that pretty quickly!

 

As I finish snapping the pictures of the bird’s nest I turn to find my son doing this . . . he thought that he was so funny! Oh, what a boy!

IMG_6269 

IMG_6275

No comments: