6.08.2009

Carmel VBS

Last week, Callie had the opportunity to attend Vacation Bible School at a local church. It’s a huge event the first week of June every year. This year there were 325 kids! It was amazing to see how God blessed their time last week. I had heard so much about Carmel VBS, but obviously Callie was never old enough to go until this year. Oh boy, did she have a blast. She told me after the first day that “Vacation Bible School is way better than preschool!”

On their first day they released balloons with a note attached to each one asking if it was found to call the church. One made it all the way to Wisconsin!

On Friday night, the kids put on a “program” and sang a number of the songs that they learned during the week. They did a great job!

The rest of these pictures are from the night of program. (I’ll have to scan some in from during the week and add them to this post.)

IMG_6180

Callie with Sydney and Nyiah (neighbor girls) getting ready to leave for the program.

IMG_6191

IMG_6200

IMG_6212

Callie was intently watching the adult in front of her doing the actions. I am just proud of her that she actually did the actions to some songs.

IMG_6214 Here is Callie’s teacher. She’s a friend of mine that I met many years ago. We don’t see each other a lot, but enjoy catching up when we do. She’s a hoot and I’m sure that Callie thoroughly enjoyed her time with Kris!

IMG_6226

Callie and some of her friends from her class.IMG_6222

Callie and Taya (neighbor)

IMG_6225

 

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." – Joshua 1:9

No comments: