3.18.2009
Far behind . . .
I am very far behind in posting . . . I realize that this is meant to be some sort of journal for my kids and maybe nothing very exciting has happened over the last couple of weeks, but there has been enough that I want to at least document it. Finding the energy to do it at the end of the day never seems to happen. Ugghhh!
The first weekend in March, was the weekend for the Sportsmen's Club Banquet. Many of you may think, okaaayyy, what's the big deal? Well, Roger is on the Sportsmen's Club board and has been for the last 12 years. This group puts on a huge auction every year to raise money to purchase land for public hunting throughout Sioux County. This isn't just a small little thing that happens every year. They usually sell almost 1000 tickets to this thing. It's big! There is a lot that goes into the banquet and planning takes place for months in advance.
Well, I know that this is something that my husband is passionate about and enjoys being involved with, so I help out as well. It's something that I can share with him. The last several years I have helped usually at the bank table and with a few other small projects. Same thing again this year, but I also attempted to automate some different portions of the auction, so we weren't handwriting a bunch of receipts. Needless to say we saved a ton of time using the computers and really had minor bumps in the road with the new system! I can't wait again until next year!
During this weekend I feel like my kids are neglected . . . they really aren't . . . just by me and Roger some. They had their wonderful babysitter, Jaci, take good care of them for most of the weekend when we were busy setting up and throughout the entire auction. They love Jaci to pieces and they have grown quite fond of her boyfriend, Austin, as well!
At the end of a very long weekend . . . the auction went off almost without a hitch and I had almost completely lost my voice! Nice way to end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment