4.13.2010

yummy supper!

So, anyone who knows me knows that I love to read cookbooks. I’d love to be able to say that I’m a real good cook, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that I’m probably a better baker than a cook. With that being said . . . I came up with a new recipe for supper tonight. Prayed all day that it would come together and at least be edible.

I have to say . . . not too bad! I figured for coming up with it off the top of my head this morning . . . it was quite yummy if I do say so myself!

IMG_9076I’m not sure that this is the most appetizing picture, but hey, I was just glad I remembered to take a picture!

I threw 3 frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot this morning before I left. I covered them with a can of diced tomatoes w/chilies & onions (I think . . . I threw the can away, so I’m not real sure). Tonight I came home and sautéed mushrooms and onions together. I took a slotted spoon and scooped  out the tomatoes from the crock pot and placed them in a different sauce pan with about 2 cups of cream. I heated that thoroughly then added the mushrooms and onions. I shredded the chicken into large chunks and added that to the cream mixture. Poured all of it over cooked penne pasta. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese.

Yummy!

 

No comments: