10.11.2008
Shopping diva . . .
Last weekend Callie and I took a quick trip to Minneapolis for a shopping trip with some friends. We thoroughly enjoyed our time together! Callie had asked me many times in the last several months if we could go shopping sometime . . . "only the girls." So, I planned a girls only trip for us.
We left on Friday at noon and picked up our friend Niki and her daughter Claire. The girls traveled great! It helped Callie to have a travel companion who interacts with her (vs. her brother who either sleeps or stares at her). We headed to the Mall of America first. We piled the girls and a lot of clothes into the dressing rooms and they had a great time trying things on for each other. I was almost dreading that part of the trip, but Callie had a ton of fun with it. I'm glad she was along, so I could actually buy the right size for her!
After the mall we headed to our hotel for the evening and the girls wanted to swim, swim, swim! I was thinking the hot tub sounded like a great place to hang out, but to my chagrin - no hot tub! It would have been a great pool if it was 20 degrees warmer! The girls couldn't figure out why Niki and I didn't want to get in. The fact that they were shivering and their lips were purple may have had something to do with it!
We spent most of Saturday at the outlet malls and found some good buys for Zachary. We wore ourselves out, but enjoyed our time with our friends.
Now since we've been home Callie is always trying to make sure everything "matches".
"Mom, don't you think this would look really cute with this shirt and these pants?"
Oh, my! What have I created!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment