So, our adventures for the summer started the last weekend in June. We went on one of our annual camping trips. To be perfectly honest, I was dreading it! I can’t keep track of my 18 month old at my own house why would I think I could keep track of him at a campground!
We actually made it through the weekend with no major disasters.
Here is our friend & babysitter, Jaci, with Zachary on the slide.
Jaci, Roger, and Austin (Jaci’s boyfriend) are playing bocce ball
Callie is trying to help Roger play.
Zachary was wanting a piece of the action as well!
Here my nephew, Ryan, is showing Callie the squeenie that he caught. Now for those of you who are unfamiliar with a squeenie . . . I think it’s a small ground squirrel. Their homes are located in the little tunnels they dig underground. These little creatures are all over the campground! Eating food from under picnic tables and next to fire pits, chasing each other around and through bushes, and popping down (or up) one of the many holes that leads to their little tunnels (homes). The kids are always thinking it would be cool to catch one and if you are lucky it can happen. It causes a little agony for the squeenie . . . because they are basically drowned out of their holes. I’ll spare you the picture of the squeenie in the bucket. He really just looks like a drowned rat.
I just threw this picture in because of Roger’s great smile. Prior to now I’ve never posted a picture of him smiling. Anyone who reads this probably thinks he’s really crabby all the time. He’s not, it’s just hard to get a good picture of him smiling.
Our friend, Kim, and her daughter, Brooklyn who stopped by Saturday evening for supper and s’mores.
I just couldn’t resist posting this smiling face!
“I need more bubbles to chase, please!”
Jaci and Callie looking at something in the lake. Yes, I am well aware of the fact that my daughter is wearing Dora gardening gloves with her swimsuit top and shorts. Sometimes she is so strange! She thought she needed to wear the gloves because her hands might get cold. Yes, on this 85 degree day! Don’t ask . . . if it’s not the gloves, she wants to wear jeans! Crazy girl!
Here is our small attempt at playing in the water. Callie is “swimming”. (The water is really about 8 inches deep and she has her life jacket on . . . ) Zachary playing in the dirt as usual. Now what you don’t see is that about two minutes later he hightails it up the beach, past me, up a very large hill to go play on the playground. Who thought it was a good idea to put that so close to the swimming area?!
We really had a decent weekend despite “yelling” at Zachary most of the weekend . . . “Zachary, off the road.” “Zachary, get away from the fire.” “Zachary, don’t put that in your mouth!” “Zachary, where are you?” “Zachary, it’s 11:30 PM, IT’S TIME TO GO TO BED!!!!!!”
1 comment:
Great pictures! How did you keep him from moving the bocce balls while the adults were playing? That was hard when the grand kids were smaller. They wanted to go get them for us! lol! Have a great day! Think how easier it will be next year!
Post a Comment